Sunday, May 4, 2014

spring

Saint John Paul II Newman Center at UIC

The Newman Center has been a welcoming faith community during my time at UIC.  Although sometimes I feel a little old, there are always warm and welcoming faces to greet me and a solid sense of community that attracted me.  I sang in the choir a bit last year and have participated in a Bible study facilitated by the FOCUS missionaries.  Oh, AND 2 Easter egg hunts.  This painting is a gift for the liturgical minister, promised as a wedding gift about a year ago.  She and her husband are expecting a son next month!

 My 1/2 hour walk to Newman is showing joyful signs of spring.

Rosebud's chairs and umbrellas, eager to be unleashed.
branches bedecked with white...blossoms
And at long last, the bikes of Chicago are melting!
Thanks be to God!


2 comments:

  1. The bikes of Chicago are melting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol these two were, but good thing we store ours inside so they can Bike the Drive ;) :)

      Delete