Friday, July 11, 2014

Swiss chard


To give you a snapshot of Amy Cohen: receiving 2 avocados as a thank-you, she took it as a sign that she should make avocado ice cream for our entire grad school class and bring it in the next day.  Amy is a generous lady, who with her enviable energy and upbeat attitude is an advertisement for veganism if I ever knew one.  She blogs @ http://amysveganday.blogspot.com.

Once she talked to me about a dream of starting a vegan restaurant that would employ people with developmental disabilities.  If there's someone who possesses the deep passion and incredible organizational skills to make that happen, it's Amy.  Let me know if and when that happens, Amy!  I will love to visit!

I've wanted to paint swiss chard for a while, and the vitality and health it represents through its bright colors made me think it would make a not-inappropriate wedding gift.  Here's to health and life in your marriage, Amy!


No comments:

Post a Comment