Monday, January 12, 2015

ap*ART*ment

Thanks, roomie, for letting me carefully paint over your carpet.

*buoyed on this rainy day by the soothing tunes of Danielle Rose and David Gray 

One of the joys of moving into a new place has been the blank walls offering their endless possibilities.  I offered to my roomie Melissa to paint something for our apartment; despite her travel to various interesting and beautiful locales, she was most interested in a scene of a Richmond place / a reminder of an experience we had shared.  Although we haven’t walked Maymont together recently, hopefully we’ll have chances to in this new year!  Maymont is one of my favorite places in Richmond, and I’m so lucky to have walked it twice within the past month or so.

So lucky to be painting flowers and green, off work on this rainy day.  Hoping for a twinge of boredom by the end of the day to indicate that sitting inside alone all day painting is not my full-time vocation. 

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful as always, Erin! And I think painting could be your full time vocation - you are so incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Clairey!!! Move down and we can go into art & cooking business -- finally!

      Delete