Saturday, August 15, 2015

leftovers


24x28'' ink

"I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance." John 10:10

The Story of the multiplication of the loaves and the fishes is the only miracle 
(apart from the Resurrection) to appear in all 4 Gospels.

~

Linoleum block printing is a medium that tests my perfectionism --you cannot carve perfectly.  And, carving white/black in reverse has its own challenges.  Also, it tests my patience (note the smudge of the bottom left-most basket) -- this after waiting 4 hours before erasing my pencil lines!  However, it does allow for an abundance of production, which is fun.


~
“You will know your vocation by the joy that it brings you. You will know. You will know when it's right.” 
― Dorothy Day

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! I also watched a video and saw your beautiful modeling on TM Jewelry website this weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! And both quotes you selected....ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete