Saturday, May 23, 2020

wall art

redecorating

I took the Enneagram within the last year and was labelled the Perfectionist.  Although not eager to accept the title, I could relate to parts of the description.  I think that may be one reason I don't necessarily like to keep art I've done hanging around where I live -- I can see the imperfections in it, I remember my fluctuating mood doing it, I remember feeling annoyed have to finish it in longer than 1 sitting (!).  I'd rather let those hidden things hang on someone else's wall. :)

Abstract art seems easier for me to stomach in my own space, because it's more transparent what I was trying or not trying to do (?), because it's clear I didn't really know what I was doing when I did it and perhaps don't now. 

"Artwork is not thought up in consciousness and then, as a separate phase, executed by the hand.  The hand surprises us, creates and solves problems on its own." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

No comments:

Post a Comment